Activities of the DepartmentBack
- The Department offers Mathematics and Statistics at F. Y. B. Com level and Computer
Programming at S. Y. B. Com and T. Y. B. Com
- Considering the importance of Mathematics and Statistics, the department gives intensive
coaching during tutorial lectures
- Department also conducts remedial lectures for the students who are weak in Mathematics
and who opted Secretarial Practice during Higher Secondary Level
- The Department conducts “Data Analysis and Presentation Competition” for the students
with an objective of teaching the practicability of the subject and inculcating
research mentality among students
- Staff members guide the students to do research at local areas on socially relevant
topics like ‘Plastic Waste Management’, Enrolment in Higher Education’, Mobile Banking’
- Department also guides and sends students for various intercollegiate Data Analysis
Competitions. For last few years our students are getting First and Third prizes
at intercollegiate ‘Data Speak ‘ competition conducted by J.M Patel college.
- Department has the responsibility to prepare attendance Defaulter’s list.
- The Department also developed a software for college exam result and analysis.
- The department has one Computer Lab with 30 Computers which are LAN connected. It
has Wi-Fi internet connection, Scanner and Printer. One Lab assistant is appointed
in the Lab. Students use the Lab for Practical purpose as well as for college level
- Asst. Professor Sony Paul has published two Book in the subject Mathematics for
Std. XI. Also published one research paper.
- Asst. Professor Sony Paul is a member of Indian Science Congress.
Year of Establishment 1994
Mrs. Sony Paul
M.Sc., B. Ed, M. Phil., Advanced Diploma in Computer Application, Certified Six
Sigma Black Belt. (Assistant Professor) (Head of the Department)
Papers and Books Published